FCBC (Faith Community Baptist Church) is a highly dynamic church organisation. We are seeking a determined individual to work in a friendly environment that services the church, its members and the community with passion and commitment, especially in the area of technical support for church services and events. The individual will provide administrative and technical support to the Worship Ministry that plans and runs our church services. Onsite support is required for churchwide events.
Duties and Responsibilities
CSO’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Pastors in-charge, other Central Support Officers and Volunteers
- Plan and coordinate schedules, provide support for events/camps/GKidz services, including venue setup, handle enrolment/registration/feedback process, refreshments, catering, participant materials, IT system configuration, etc.
- Coordinate and liaise with sponsors and suppliers with quotations, partnership, etc.
- Manage and track event expenses for budget management
- Support weekly onsite operations and assist in providing onsite progress reports
- Support key initiatives and any other duties that GKidz Pastors may assign
- Manage logistics in the GKidz store and cupboards
- Filing of supporting documents and invoices
- Facilitate smooth execution and timely completion of all jobs assigned
- Back up for other Central Support Officers as and when required
- 1 to 2 years of working experience
- Minimum GCE A level or Diploma holder in any discipline
- An individual with pride, passion, and one that garners satisfaction from a job well done
- Highly organised with very good planning skills and detail-oriented
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good communication, interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Ability to think strategically and work independently with good time management
- Proactive, analytical, resourceful, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to learn new systems and processes
- Demonstrate flexibility, creativity and a good team player
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), knowledge of Photoshop
- Able to commit on weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Need to receive Mandarin-speaking clients/suppliers and prepare basic bilingual (English/Mandarin) signs and posters. Proficiency in English and Mandarin languages is required.
- The working hours for Operations Staff are 42.5 hours per week
- Default day off is scheduled on Mondays
- May need to provide onsite administrative support for churchwide events on weeknights and weekends
- Assist in other duties that the individual may be assigned to support from time to time, including Information Counter, Leaders’ Meeting, churchwide harvest events, seminars and conferences
- The job is generally not physically demanding. The individual may be required to work at external venues for onsite support of church events
All applications will be kept in strict confidence. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.