SENIOR PASTORS’ STATEMENT
15 February 2020
In view of the latest developments related to COVID-19, we would like to make 2 important announcements relating to our activities this weekend (15 & 16 February). These decisions were made after much prayer and deliberation, and were what we felt was best for the church and the community during this time.
1) Temporary Suspension of All On-site Services this Weekend
2) Postponement of LifeClasses to a Later Date
We would like to assure everyone that these measures have been implemented not out of fear, but a desire to be socially responsible. As we shared last weekend, our intention was never to shut down the church indefinitely or cease all church activities. In fact, this is the time when the church should shine brighter than ever by being exemplary in our response. We do have a duty to do our part to prevent the further spread of this virus.
The spike in the number of confirmed cases this past week in various places such as Marina Bay Financial Centre and Grace Assembly of God got our attention. This sudden increase caused us to relook and review all our current measures as members of our congregation may have possibly been in some level of contact with affected people. By temporarily suspending our on-site services this weekend, we can better strengthen our measures and ensure that something robust is in place.
Although our on-site services are suspended for the weekend, our livestreams will proceed as usual during our regular service timings. What we are now presented with here is an opportunity. For the first time ever, our church will be attending service together in spirit while being physically in our own homes and neighbourhoods with our families or cell groups. This is a great moment for us to usher in the presence and glory of God into our homes and communities, and consecrate them for the Lord.
We’re reminded of Exodus 12 when the plague struck the land. The people of God were told to remain in their homes to consecrate themselves and their households, as well as commemorate what God has done and will do. This weekend, we’re going to be doing 2 different things during our livestreams.
First, we will have a time of consecrating our lives and our households. God is Jehovah Nissi, our banner. Let’s raise Him as our banner and remember that He is with us and will never forsake us.
Second, we will end off our services by all of us going out to our immediate neighbourhoods to pray and walk the area. This could be the floor you’re on, your void deck, your block, your street, and so on. We want to challenge everyone to be a blessing to our communities by remembering our neighbourhoods in prayer. Prayer walks have always been something powerful as it gives us the opportunity to pray on-site with insight.
Church, despite all that is going on, we’re excited about this weekend. While we may not be together in a single location, we will still be together in spirit. And more than that, we will be sent out to love Singapore together as well. Let’s rise up to shine for Christ and bring hope to our land!
Pastors Daniel & Serene
7 February 2020
After much deliberation and planning, we would like to inform everyone of added precautionary measures that our church will be implementing. Please take note of the following:
1. NO GKIDZ, YOUTH, SPM, MINT, & HOKKIEN SERVICES
In line with our government's direction to take a more cautious stance in relation to large gatherings for vulnerable groups, there will be no GKidz, Youth, SPM, Mint, and Hokkien services this weekend. We are temporarily putting a hold to these services and will review the situation again before the next weekend.
2. ENGLISH & CHINESE SERVICES
Our regular English and Chinese services on Saturday and Sunday will carry on at TC, Suntec, and GT with a few additions:
2a. LIVESTREAMING OF SERVICES
Given that those of us who are unwell have been advised to stay at home, we will be providing a livestream of our services during regular service times on our YouTube channel.
If you or your loved ones are unwell, do stay home and rest but make it a point to join our services online.
2b. BILINGUAL CHINESE SERVICE (Mandarin & Hokkien)
Since there is no Hokkien service on Saturday, our Sunday Chinese service will be translated into Hokkien as well. This is to ensure that our Hokkien cell groups are able to come together and receive God's word.
3. PRAYER TOWER OPERATING HOURS
Given the current situation, we want to ensure that everyone gets sufficient rest and stays healthy.
As such, our Prayer Tower will only be in operation from 8AM to 10PM. This will help in two ways:
Firstly, our members are able to have more rest and thus keep their immune systems up. Secondly, this also allows us to ensure that the Prayer Tower itself is better cleaned to prevent any spread of viruses.
However, we must stress that prayer should and must continue during such times. While the Prayer Tower itself is closed through the night, prayer slots will continue as assigned with cell groups and members praying from their respective homes.
These are all the updates we have for now. We as a church must do our part to prevent the spread of this virus, and these precautionary measures are some simple ways we can help.
But for those of us who are well, we do want to challenge you to continue attending services and not give in to fear.
As mentioned earlier this week, our responsibility as Christians is not just a social one. We have a spiritual responsibility as well to be praying and interceding over this entire situation. Ephesians 6:12 reminds us that our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities.
So, we must step up and speak hope into this situation. We must step up and sow seeds of faith, not fear. We must step up to be salt and light of the world.
“Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.” - Psalm 91:1-2
Pastors Daniel & Serene
5 February 2020
In view of the latest developments on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to inform and assure everyone that our staff team is working hard behind the scenes to review the situation.
Our review includes:
1. The running of all weekend services,
(English / Mandarin / Hokkien / Youth / SPM / GKidz)
2. Overall cleanliness and hygiene practices for staff and volunteers,
3. Overall cleanliness of all facilities.
We will provide further updates on how our church will be facing the current situation in the next couple of days.
During this time, we as Christians should be an example to follow. We must be socially responsible in our response, and that includes not succumbing to fear.
Where there is panic, we should find peace in God; when fear is rampant, our faith should arise.
So, let's commit ourselves to the following:
2. Being Responsible
3. Looking Out for One Another
“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord.” - Psalm 20:7
Pastors Daniel & Serene
30 January 2020
As the world faces a new challenge in the form of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to do what we can as a church to help prevent its spread.
Regardless of what may be happening around us, know this – our hope is in Christ alone. Let us remember the words of Jeremiah found in Lamentations 3:19-24:
“The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!’”
May you always place your hope in God, and may His peace rest upon your heart.
Pastors Daniel & Serene
Church Services & Events
- Services will run as much as possible, subject to weekly reviews based on latest developments
- Small-scale gatherings such as cell meetings, prayer tower sessions, and other training activities should and will continue, subject to regular reviews
- Leaders are to ensure that precautionary measures are observed at all small-scale gatherings
Stay Home if you’re
- Under quarantine
- On Leave of Absence (LOA)
- Unwell with cough, runny nose, fever of 37.5°C and above
- Within 14 days since returning from China
- Have close contact with someone who returned from China in the past 14 days
Observe Good Personal Hygiene
- Wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser
- Avoid sharing food, utensils and personal hygiene items
- Monitor yourself for flu symptoms and seek medical attention immediately if you’re unwell
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Wear a mask if you have cough or runny nose before leaving home
YOUR SERVICE LIVESTREAM GUIDE
Joining a Service Livestream
- Livestreams will be at our regular English and Chinese service timings, on our YouTube channel
- Delays may be experienced, depending on the internet connection and speed
- Tithes and offering can be given any time throughout the week
- During the livestream, a “Scan & Pay” QR Code will also be shown which you can use to give with your bank’s mobile app
For The Kids
- Children can use this template to help them follow the sermon
- Our GKidz Team will also be on the live chat to provide sermon pointers
YouTube Live Chat
- If you’re watching on a Smart TV, select the live chat icon to receive updates and sermon pointers from our team
- For invited guests or friends who’d like to respond, or know more about Christianity
- Gather with your family or cell group at the end of the livestream to bless your neighbourhood
- Parents can refer to this guide for tips on leading your children on a prayer walk
FCBC PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
We have implemented the following precautionary measures to ensure that we do our part in preventing the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- 100% temperature checks by staff and volunteers at all services
DECENTRALISATION OF SERVICES
- All on-site services are temporarily suspended, subject to weekly reviews
- Updates will be given on a weekly basis
Livestreaming of English and Chinese Services
- English and Chinese services will be streamed live at youtube.com/fcbcsg
- Hokkien interpretation will be provided during Chinese service
Updated Prayer Tower Timing
- For this season, our Prayer Tower will only operate from 8AM to 10PM
- Through the night, prayer slots will continue as assigned with cell groups and members praying from their respective homes
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
- Philippians 4:6-7
We believe that God is in control of everything. So, don’t be anxious but keep placing your trust in Him. Meanwhile, here’s how you can be praying through this situation:
- A turnaround of the situation
- Wisdom over all officials handling the situation
- Protection over frontline healthcare team
- Healing for those quarantined or infected with the virus
- Good health and strong resistance over us and our loved ones
- Peace and calm across the nations
Here are some resources to keep our faith strengthened and challenged during this time: