In 1998, the churches in the LoveSingapore Movement sensed the leadership of the Lord that in these difficult times of economic crisis, the Singapore churches need to rise up to assist those who are in need of financial assistance.
What is LoveSingapore Fund (FCBC)?
This is a fund raised by Faith Community Baptist Church to assist individuals or families who are undergoing financial hardship in these times of economic and financial crisis.
Criteria and Eligibility
Consideration will be given to individuals or families who are facing financial crisis or problem in the following situations:
- Individuals or families whose income are insufficient to cover basic expenses of household
- Families where the breadwinner faces loss of income, e.g., through retrenchment or other crises
- Single-parent families with dependent children; families where the breadwinner and/or adults in the family may be physically unfit for work; families where the breadwinner may have chronic illnesses
- Families where the breadwinner has to reduce income to look after elderly family members
- Families where the breadwinner is not responsible in providing for the needs of the family because of bad habits, such as gambling or drinking
Who can receive Financial Assistance?
- FCBC cell member or church member who meets the above criteria
- Members of the public recommended by cell leaders or members
- Applications from general public
- Referrals by other Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs)
Procedure for Assessment of Application
Applications will be submitted to:
- LoveSingapore Fund (Faith Community Baptist Church)
750A Chai Chee Road
#04-01 Viva Business Park
- All applications submitted by cell members, church members or members of the public are to be made using the application form, which must be duly completed
- This will be followed by a visit to the applicant’s home by a cell leader or pastor
- Before the home visit, cell leader or pastor will call the applicant to prepare and photocopy all relevant documents (e.g., pay slips, medical bills, PUB bills, bank book, etc)
- During the home visit, an assessment form is to be completed, supported by relevant documents (as mentioned in previous point) to verify the information given
- The completed application and assessment forms, together with the proposal (describing the applicant’s current financial status and dire needs, as well as the quantum recommended) will be submitted to the Team Pastor for further processing
- Any subsequent request for financial assistance must be made again through a new application form, supported by relevant documents and recommendations by the cell leader or pastor; approval to be given on a case-by-case basis