Last week, our pastors and ministry staff underwent two days of intensive 幸福小组 (xing fu xiao zu) training. I was inspired by the training and I believe that it is going to be a game changer for FCBC. Once we make this the lifestyle of our church, we will baptise at least 3,000 people every year. Take it from someone who has been working on mobilising God’s people to win the lost for the last four decades; this strategy contains all the winning factors for the total mobilisation of God’s people in evangelism.
Here are four characteristics of 幸福小组 that are key to its effectiveness:
1. It is based on truly caring for others and sharing our testimony. This means that every Christian can do it. It is not just for the elitists, but everyone and anyone who’s willing to be used by God. One of its slogans goes like this: You don’t have to be great to begin; once you start, you will become great.
2. It demands total commitment. Starting next year, we will spend seven months every year on 幸福小组. As another of its slogans goes: There is no price we cannot pay; only value we cannot see. In other words, once we recognise the value of saving lost souls, we will carry it out with joy.
3. It targets the heart, not the head. 幸福小组 uses the testimonies of ordinary Christians to touch the hearts of pre-believers. This is the most powerful way of sharing the gospel. In fact, almost 80% of the Bible is made up of stories that speak of God’s mighty work.
4. It is the best way to make disciples. Instead of sending our new believers off to equipping classes first, we will prepare them for winning the lost. This will train them to manifest the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
Church, prepare yourself for the start of 幸福小组 next year. Let’s rise up together and declare Romans 1:16: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes”.
- Senior Pastor Lawrence Khong